In this article, we will guide you on Belkin range extender setup n600. What is Belkin range extender? Belkin range extenders help you to access the high-speed Internet connectivity even at dead zones as they repeat the signal from your existing wireless router. Belkin range extender basically picks up the wireless signal from your existing wireless router and extends it to the previously dead areas. Belkin extender comes with a responsive web-based interface which helps the user to set up their Belkin range extender easily and in very less time.
For Belkin range extender setup n600, we have provided below the steps. Follow these steps carefully:
- Hardware connection:
This is the very first stage in Belkin range extender setup n600. You need to attach your devices with the cables to make a connection between them.
- Connect your Belkin range extender with the computer using an Ethernet cable.
- Plug the one end of Ethernet cable into the Belkin range extender and another end into any LAN port of your computer.
- Now, plug the power adapter of your Belkin range extender into the power outlet. Make sure you plug the range extender in the area where you previously experienced bad signal strength.
- Log into range extender:
Before you proceed to the steps, you should know your range extender’s default IP address. To know the default IP address of your Belkin range extender, look for the wireless card on the back of your range extender. Wireless network name of your Belkin range extender is also written there.
- Launch a web browser on your computer that is connected to the range extender.
- Enter the default IP address into the address bar and click Go. You can also navigate to Belkin’s official website for Belkin range extender setup n600.
- Now you will be directed to Belkin range extender setup n600 page from where you can set up your range extender without any hassle.
- Belkin range extender setup n600:
Now we will show you the major steps in setting up the range extender.
- Once you enter the setup page, you will see a tab named “Get Started”. Click on Get Started.
- Now, select whether you want to configure 2.4 GHz or 5GHz wireless network and click Next.
- Now your range extender setup will take you to wireless network settings. These settings include Network Name, Network Key, and Security Type.
- Choose a network name according to you and set a strong password for your Belkin range extender.
- Now you will be directed to the last page where you will see a tab named “Create extended network”. Click on it and your range extender will be set up.
In case, you are unable to configure your range extender, don’t worry; reset your range extender. Press and hold the reset button for few seconds and then again follow the above-given instructions to set up your device successfully.